Tuesday 4 March 2008

Getting to know my camera

I'm really enjoying the online photography course I'm doing, it's what has made me finally read the manual so I can come off auto. I'm still not getting it right every time - children move far too quickly and I either don't get the shutter speed right, or I don't get the aperture to match the shutter speed. But I'm getting there!

One of the things I've been more active doing is to look on the internet for inspiration. I like a lot of the modern photographic style, but it's very 'now' and I just wonder what they'll look like in 30 years time. For me, taking photos is all about capturing memories and I want my memories to look as good in the future as they do now. I've found a photographer's gallery that I keep going back to look at. I love the lighting, the colours, the composition - in fact for me they are as close to perfect as I've seen so far. If you get a chance, take a look at http://www.kensharp.com/.


I've been fiddling around with B&W today. I'm still sure I've got what I really want, but it's getting closer to it. This was my favourite from today ...

2 comments:

Krista said...

What a gorgeous shot! Seems like you're getting the hang of it. Well done!

Jacqui said...

What a stunning photo. looks like you are really doing well with the photography course.